Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rangers Season Preview

I thought I would give you my season preview on how I think the season will go for the defending American League Champion Texas Rangers.  First and foremost I want to say that I am a Ranger fan, and last October was a great ride, but I sense a dark cloud hovering over the team this season. The biggest complaint about the Rangers is when are they gonna spend some money and get some pitching? Well we can start this season with the same pitching issues. Last seasons magical run would not have happened without "he who shall not be named". So when he signed somewhere else how did the Rangers decide to replace him? By taking a chance on Brandon Webb!? If we are talking about Webb before the arm problems I say awesome, but that's not the case. He has a bad shoulder and will not make an impact till the All Star break(which is my opinion only).  If you get anything out of him its a bonus, but don't expect much from him even when he returns. I like C.J. and Colby but after that you are taking big chances with the rest of the rotation.  I am a big fan of Feliz still closing games but I have a feeling the rest of the bullpen will not be able to hold the lead. With O'day and Lowe struggling this spring with high ERAs why have a dominate closer when you, won't need him to close games.  As for the offense, Beltre at third, and Napoli as a part time catcher and dh I think the offense is upgraded. I hope I am wrong but I'm expecting a lot of 12-11 games this season.  Texas has one of the most potent offenses in the AL, but defensively with Bourbon in center they are lacking .  Although the Angles didn't do much to upgrade their team, they will always be good as long as Mike Scioscia is the manager. The team to watch out for is the Okland As, if their bats wake up, and with their starters,and maybe the 2nd or 3rd best pen in all of baseball, they are the biggest challenge for the division. With all that being said I hope John Daniels and Nolan Ryan make another deadline day move for a starter, or this could be a really long season. I think it will be a close three team race to the end. Again I'm a Ranger fan, and with the way the ball club is made up right this minute, I think the Rangers edge out the As for the division(assuming they make a trade deadline move).
 
Rangers   88-74
As           86-76
Angles     84-78
Mariners  70-92
 
That's how I see the division shaping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment